Please follow these rules and submission guidelines to ensure your artwork is properly submitted and graded.
All participants are required to complete our online entry form prior to the deadline.
We require at least one (1) digital design file to be uploaded to our system. If you have additional images forthe same submission, you may use our secondary image upload field.
You must make sure that all your digital files meet the following criteria. Since some designs may make it to our annual publication, these guidelines are strictly enforced.
Width: 1200 px
Height: 740 px
JPG, PNG or GIF
To make it easier on our international participants, we are now using PayPal™ as our gateway. You may pay with Visa®, MasterCard®, AmericanExpress®, or Discover®.
Rules of Submission
All or our design awards programs are open to graphic and web designers from around the world, who have designed inspiring, unique and creative design pieces for self-promotion, legitimate paying clients, or school project. All design entries must comply with the following guidelines:
- Submitted artwork must be no more than 3 years old.
- All submissions must be completed through this website.
- Entry fees must be paid in US Dollar currency at time of entry.
- Artwork submitted must be original design creations, owned or designed by the person/entity that is submitting the entry.
- Designer/entity must grant the American Design Awards permission to display or share the design submission on the American Design Awards’ web site and/or partner sites, magazines, books, social media, or marketing collateral without any royalties, further permissions, or future claims.
- Submitted artwork must be prepared in accordance with our Artwork Guidelines above.
- American Design Awards is not responsible for lost, inadequate, or late entries.
- American Design Awards is not liable or responsible for submitted artwork that may infringe on another person or company’s copyright, privacy, or license.
- Upon winning, American Design Awards will inform the participant through the email address submitted at time of artwork submission.
- All winners are entitled to a complimentary award certificate. Winners outside of the United States may be required to pay up to $25 USD for postage.
- American Design Awards is not responsible for replacing lost or damaged award certificates.
- All winners may purchase additional certificate or glass plaques at a discounted rate.
- All winners are eligible for publication (mention or editorial) in the American Design Annual book. Determination of inclusion in solely based on our editorial board.
- There are no refunds whatsoever, unless an event has been canceled.
How to Setup Your Website Submission
- On the online submission form, include the website’s URL into the “Website Address/URL” field.
- Include two (2) screen-shots through the image upload fields; one of the home page, and one from an interior page.
- Make sure the submitted URL is not password protected or private.
Sending in Your Actual Design Piece
In addition to the online submission, some designers find it helpful to send in their actual design piece(s) for further review by our judges. You must first submit your design piece electronically through the website, then send in your design piece(s) to our address below, referencing your first and last name, company name, and/or email address.
P.O. Box 927748
San Diego, CA 92192 USA
Alternate Payment Option
United States Designers ONLY: Once your online submission is complete, and you choose not to pay the fees through PayPal™, please inform us via email as to when we should expect your check. Checks must be received no later than 2 weeks after the date of submission. Please make checks payable to American Design Awards, and make note of your name, company name, and/or email address on the check, then send it to our address above. We only accept checks drafted from a United States-based financial institution.